Monday, September 15, 2008

Meri Junk

PepsiCo Foods, has come up with two new flavors of KurKure. In keeping with tradition, i tasted both, this afternoon and i am feeling cheated to say the least.

Kurkure 'Desi Beats' : An inexplicable name and hackeneyed packaging does no good for the brand or bring it to consumers' notice. After Bingo created "Horrible confusion, with great combinations" among Kurkure loyalists, Pepsico has had to see a slump in business. Going MAD and creating ANGLES was the last thing they should have done. Where is the differentiator? When will the creators wake up from their perennial slumber and revamp the whole product? Either i am oversimplifying the whole issue or missing something fundamental here. From the time of its introduction, Bingo has literally gobbled up the junkie market and I have not sighted any constructive creative and mitigative initiative from Pepsico at all.

I still am a hardcore Kurkure loyalist. Reduction of the size of the wafer sticks, Juhi Chawla being chosen as the brand ambassador, Pepsi-Co foods creative ad-team going into a hibernation ; Yes, i have seen it all. Yet, somewhere at the corner of my teeny weeny cerebral region, i still feel that PepsiCo foods will rise above floating insipid offers or distributing free ringtones and get down to serious business.

In today's age of cut-throat competition and rapidly changing business scenarios, it aint logical or feasible to give your consumers a free 'Santoor Sandal Soap' with a wafer packet or try and entice them by pasting their gleeful photographs on your wafer packets. Things just got a lot more serious guys. It aint
Masti anymore.

To say the least, i just hope that i would soon get to 'chakh' new
flavors rather than the same tried and tested 'shapes'.

3 comments:

Pagan Winter said...

What crap!!!
you saying you dont like diffently shaped wafers?!?!?

Kurkure was never my favorite, just something my friends used to get as 'touchings'. I am more of a Ruffles guy...

Anyways, if they started giving away free tazos or bey-blades or 3D models of Dragon Booster, yes that would get me interested... chuck the shapes, chuck the taste...

I am posting this only cos you threatened me with my life...

skunk said...

finally the bugger has written something..adding you to my blog roll...dont u waste my time,making me come here for nothing everyday..there better be some regular posting, u jobless f"$£

Pagan Winter said...

Hmm... $ and £ in your reply... Bohot chaap raha hai lag raha hai...